Our hands-on approach in this area is tailored to meet the exact needs of our clients to enable them to meet – if not exceed – desired & required global industry standards and guidance. We do so in compliance with ATEX (Atmosphéres Explosibles) Directives within the member states of Europe & the DSEAR (Dangerous Substances & Explosive Atmospheres Regulations, 2002) within the United Kingdom and all other countries standards, codes of practice & certification requirements.
NICEIC Hazardous Area assessed & certified, F.E.S. (EX) has extensive experience & capabilities to carry out installation works in existing & potentially hazardous areas & explosive atmospheres.
With the ability to deliver full turnkey projects, our Inspection & Testing certified, CompEx qualified team, trained to BS7671 – 18th Edition standards, carry out a range of specialist services in all forms of explosive atmospheres, including Dusts, Gases, Mists & Vapours.
- Installation design, incorporating intrinsically safe systems
- Selection & procurement of suitable & certified equipment
- Installation of E&I equipment to current standards, such as
Our experienced & qualified personnel have the proven engineering skills to conduct inspections of Electrical, Instrument & Mechanical equipment in all forms of explosive atmospheres, including Dusts, Gases, Mists & Vapours.
Our services include:
- Visual, close & detailed grades of inspection
- Initial, periodic & sample types of inspection
- Equipment asset registration, update and management
- Strategy development and implementation.
Acting as a complete solution, F.E.S. (EX) has the full capabilities to inspect equipment, as well as carry out any further non-conformance rectifications to any asset. We are one of a limited amount of companies to offer both services, this allows our clients to save both time & money.
Non Conformance Rectification
F.E.S. (EX) is well-equipped to support clients with rectification works, should Electrical or Instrument equipment fail to conform with ATEX legislative standards, such as EN 60079. We understand how important it is to ensure compliance is fully met in order to protect your personnel & assets.
Where electrical or instrument equipment does not conform to legislative standards & rectification work is required, F.E.S. (EX) can ensure your plant & personnel are safe by providing:
- Advisory prioritisation & guidance upon non-conformances
- Full rectification of non-conformances to achieve the required legislative standards
- Post–rectification reports
- Sourcing & replacement of material & equipment
- Equipment asset registration, update & management.